Former Hawkeye Tyler Sash Died From Toxic Mix of Prescription Drugs
An autopsy performed on former NFL and Iowa football player Tyler Sash showed he died from a mix of methadone and hydrocodone.
The Iowa Department of Public Health released the findings earlier this week.
Sash was found dead September 8th after the Oskaloosa Police Department responded to a report of an unresponsive male around 10 a.m. No foul play was ever suspected.
Authorities believe Sash had a prescription for both medications.
Additional studies will be done for Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, better known as CTE. CTE is a degenerative brain disease that is found in athletes who suffer repetitive brain trauma.
Sash was 27-years old.